Reflect on each other's life stories, pray together and share vision with each other.
Sometimes we can get so wrapped up in the now, in the day-to-day business of our lives, that we miss seeing God working and moving in what we're involved in. After listening to each other's stories, take time to reflect, pray and write down where you can see God moving in their lives. Remember to always be building up, always to be encouraging, and enjoy delighting in the joy of Christ in each other's life stories.
Take time after sharing vision to explore this diagram, then try to answer the following questions:
- What parts of your stories show where you are being unintentionally spiritually formed and how as a pattern group could you intentionally change?
- Are you aware of the impact relationships have on your life?
- What do you hope community could look like in your pattern group?
- Have you got a balance between comforting and challenging each other?
- Are you aware of any destructive patterns in your life? How could these be replaced by practising the patterns of Jesus?
Remember we are all part of a life long journey, where we are training, not trying.
Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew ch 11